Supply Quality Engineer/Buyer
Job Title: Supply Quality Engineer/Buyer - Circle Pines, Minnesota
As a member of the Sourcing team, individuals in this capacity are expected to perform in a unified, coordinated team effort under the direction of the Sourcing Department Manager to establish partnerships with key suppliers to improve the quality and on time delivery of supplied materials while achieving continual cost reduction and efficiency gains. This position interacts with procurement, manufacturing, quality assurance, production, shipping, R&D and other NTIC personnel, as well as supplier representatives to improve processes and reduce costs that impact supplied materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in an effective Supplier communication process.
- Work with QA department on proactive quality control process at Suppliers’ factories.
- Conduct APQPs for new product production at suppliers’’ factories.
- Conduct routine inspections and visits to domestic suppliers to ensure NTIC quality systems and manufacturing work instructions after PPAP and are adhered to.
- Participate in the development of partnerships with key Suppliers.
- Participate in the assessment and selection of Suppliers of key commodities.
- Participate in the development of purchased component/assembly requirements.
- Assist suppliers with process improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
- Assist in the development of Supplier quality plans for supplied materials.
- Participate in the establishment of Supplier performance metrics.
- Conduct Supplier process and performance audits.
- Perform/Review Supplier process validations.
- Participate in continuation engineering activities as required.
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent applicable experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in quality assurance, supplier technical assistance or related roles
- Authorized to work in the USA and travel internationally
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures, and production equipment.
- Ability to write technical documents.
- A working knowledge of quality improvement tools and techniques.
- Experience with FMEA, DOE, SPC, and related statistical tools.
- Highly motivated individuals who are pro-active
- Ability to act independently and take the initiative when appropriate
- Ability to work in a team environment
- High integrity and good character
- Good with numbers and analytical work
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under stress
- Ability to travel for work – 20 to 40% of time
- Every employee is expected to support the NTIC Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with our Quality System Manual and Quality Control Procedures. This position is responsible to set, follow and maintain the QMS and related Quality Control Procedures. This position also has change authority in the QMS System.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 763-225-6645. No telephone calls, recruiters, or agencies please.