Product Development Engineer - Natur-Tec
Job Title: Product Development Engineer - Natur-Tec - Circle Pines, MN
The Product Development Engineer is a key team member of the Natur-Tec group reporting to Sr. Manager, R&D and is responsible for supporting the development and commercialization of innovative biobased/biodegradable compounds and products. The successful candidate will provide engineering support to the team in the way of research, development and testing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan trials and process new resin formulations/products of bio-based and biodegradable polymers.
- Support sub-contractor and customers with scale-up of process for new products.
- Support development of new test procedures, specifications and datasheets for new Natur-Tec products.
- Develop operational standards for quality control and material processing for new products.
- Support continuous improvement efforts in manufacturing and cost reduction initiatives.
- Some travel would also be expected – mainly travel to contract manufacturing locations and customer locations. Other Duties will be assigned as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering/Polymer Engineering is required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in plastics industry preferred
- Experience with plastics processing such as extrusion, or molding highly preferred
- Be familiar with the analytical/lab equipment and test methodologies
- Have the ability to work in a global team set-up
- Possess effective oral & written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
Physical Requirements of Job:
Tasks require standing and walking, or frequent light lifting up to 10 pounds; occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds; or minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of shop or office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at keyboard or testing stations. Exposure and involvement working with various chemicals and testing stations/equipment will require mobility.
- Every employee is expected to support the NTIC Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with our Quality System Manual and Quality Control Procedures Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com or fax to 763-225-6645. No telephone calls, recruiters, or agencies please.