Lab Assistant (Part-Time) – NTIC – Circle Pines, Minnesota
Job Title: Lab Assistant – NTIC – Circle Pines, Minnesota
Job Type: Part-time
Quality assurance analyses on raw materials and finished products for Zerust and Natur-Tec range of products. The technician will be responsible for process accuracy, sample preparation and data entry of finished product testing. He/She is required to generate laboratory reports for customers. Candidate will have close interaction with a variety of technical colleagues as well as sales and production groups within the organization.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Quality testing and data analysis of all raw materials and finished products that fall within our Zerust and Natur-Tec range of products.
- Responsible for other testing including competitive product benchmarking and new product evaluation.
- Writing reports, maintaining and developing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Developing new test methods as required.
- Provide support for formulation development efforts.
- Pursuing an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in science related field.
- Have a strong understanding of Quality assurance Procedures and Analytical Analyses procedures.
- Experience with plastic film and part testing such tensile, dart, and tear would be a plus.
- Be able to complete tasks to timeframe.
- Ability to work independently, making optimal use of time and equipment; requires considerable judgment in determining work methods and prioritization.
- Ability to multi-task is essential.
Other Preferred Skills
- This role may require physical exertion and extended standing, walking, and sitting times while retaining focus on tasks at hand.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer Skills including MS Word, Excel, Access or other Quality Control tools such as BatchMaster or Minitab.
- Execute safety and demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement.
- Every employee is expected to support the NTIC Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with our Quality System Manual and Quality Control Procedures.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com or fax to 763-225-6645. No telephone calls, recruiters, or agencies please.