Production Manufacturing Specialist
Job Title: Production Manufacturing Specialist - Circle Pines, Minnesota
Role and Responsibilities
- Operates automatic and manual manufacturing and chemical process equipment of varying complexity in various production processes in accordance with operating procedures.
- Will help develop and perform inline quality control checks and finished good quality control checks.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Will print and apply lot control manufacturing labels to liquid products.
- Performs a variety of tasks related to the processing of ingredients.
- Handles raw materials and intermediate or finished products.
- Person is required to be meticulous in recording of lot numbers, bin locations & quantities used in all production runs.
- Mixes compound ingredients for liquid products, suspensions, mixes, or blends for tablet granulations and capsule powders.
- May perform general maintenance as required on pumps, homogenizers, filter presses, tablet compression machines, etc.
- Performs standard operating procedures required to meet current ISO guidelines.
- Maintains detailed records as required.
- Person is required to maintain safety and cleanliness in all production areas upon completion of each production run.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Strong attention to detail and meticulous in record keeping
- Experience in chemical manufacturing or comparable mechanical, electronic or laboratory background preferred
- Ability to analyze fairly complex data and develop recommendations and solutions
- Coordinate and perform line change-over ensuring the change-over’s occur accurately and timely
- Maintain safety, cleanliness and upkeep of all equipment
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively
- Strong customer, quality and results orientation
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Certified forklift operator
- Experienced in domestic and international shipping and the packaging required for both
- Participate in and drive Lean initiatives within the manufacturing environment
- 2 year college degree is desired but High School Diploma is acceptable if candidate has the desired 5-7 years related work experience and/or training
- Experience with OSHA Compliance
- Experience with ISO
- Must be a self-starter
- Must have the ability to multi-task and demonstrate a sense of urgency, and possess strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to wear a respirator (FIT test required)
- Must be able to climb a ladder
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Must be able to work on elevated platform 15 feet high
- Must be mechanically inclined and have equipment operator experience
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 763-225-6645. No telephone calls, recruiters, or agencies please.