Shipping Coordinator – NTIC – Circle Pines, MN
Job Title: Shipping Coordinator – NTIC – Circle Pines, MN
Coordinate and ship all international and domestic shipments to and from NTIC.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating all international outbound shipments, NTIC directed or customer directed.
- Responsible for coordinating all domestic outbound shipments.
- Coordinate with outside agencies regarding the movement of freight.
- Maintain records and files required by US customs and/or applicable bodies of authority (FAA, MN Dot etc), to include all D.G. shipments (Dangerous Goods)
- Must be able to fill out bills of lading and be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers.
- Must be capable of estimating weight, and use that information to calculate the cost of shipping.
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
- Responsible to make arrangements for pick-up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order which is conveyed to the shipper by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Receiving responsibilities include but are not limited to the following tasks: be familiar with and able to interpret packing slips, enter into the computer the correct information, to acknowledge receipt of the goods into the purchase order and processing database.
- Use UPS/FEDEX online systems to ship orders.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Strong background in international export with a thorough understanding of export regulations and the pertinent documentation.
- Must be detail oriented and possess effective communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Effective planning and prioritization skills
- Energetic attitude
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Possess knowledge of standard freight documentation and terms including ability to interpret and apply freight rates and schedules.
- Must be organized and have the ability to maintain accurate records by assuring documentation is properly processed and filed.
- Must be able to work effectively in a multi-tasking work environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be a team player.
- INTERNATIONAL shipping documentation experience shipping outside North America (Europe, Asia, So. America).
Physical Requirements of Job:
- Works in a combination of shop and office environments.
- Exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, oils.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs required.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
Every employee is expected to support the NTIC Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with our Quality System Manual and Quality Control Procedures. This position is responsible to set, follow and maintain the QMS and related Quality Control Procedures. This position also has change authority in the QMS System.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 763-225-6645. No telephone calls, recruiters, or agencies please.