Accounting Clerk - NTIC
Job Title: Accounting Clerk - Circle Pines, MN
Department/Group: Accounting / Finance - Northern Technologies International Corporation
Job Type: Part Time (20 hrs/week)
To assist Financial Management with the day to day financial operations of the business. Function based primarily in Accounts Payable but does include a variety of higher level analytical and reporting duties.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Verify, prepare, enter and file daily Vendor invoices and credit memos
- Process weekly supplier check run and wire/ACH payments to vendors
- Review and process employee expense reports
- Resolve vendor invoice discrepancies as necessary
- Ensure Accounts Payable transactions comply with Financial Policies & Procedures
- Reconcile Corporate credit card and AMEX card accounts
- Assist with Month and Year end processes and reporting
- G/L processing of certain banking transactions & Journal entries
- Backup of Accounts Receivable Function
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Preferred Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Accounts Payable
- Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics and MS Office Tools
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sound planning and organizational skills
Physical Requirements of Job:
Tasks are essentially sedentary, with occasional walking, bending, light lifting, or other restricted physical activities. However, some tasks may require some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lbs.); or minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of shop or office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at keyboard. Performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
- Every employee is expected to support the NTIC Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with our Quality System Manual and Quality Control Procedures. This position is responsible to set, follow and maintain the QMS and related Quality Control Procedures. This position also has change authority in the QMS System.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 763-225-6645. No telephone calls, recruiters, or agencies please.