Field Application Support Engineer - Beachwood
Job Title: Field Application Support Engineer - Zerust Oil & Gas - Beachwood, OH
Department/Group: R & D Beachwood
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Travel Required: Ability to travel 40%
Role and Responsibilities:
- To provide customer support for installing and servicing systems and products related to the Oil and Gas team field projects.
- Assistance in running tests on R&D assemblies, working with prototypes, and assisting with inventories and shipments.
- Create well-structured documents that include, but are not limited to, reports for field work, method statements, statements of work, white papers, test reports, etc.
- This candidate will work closely with Installation team and Laboratory chemists.
- There will also be some travel required to client field sites as needed.
- This position will start off working with Project Manager and then will grow into field service work working with clients.
- Elaborate testing program to solve product group issues
- Ability to handle basic laboratory chemicals, solvents, acids, bases, etc.
- Generate testing procedures for the field implementation
- Good organizational skills and project management skills with a high attention to detail
- Define planning for test and analysis and coordinate the activities (order special tool, get support from suppliers)
- Generate project reports, data analysis and summaries to communicate results to contractors and clients
- Computer literate (AutoCAD experience and Microsoft Office suite applications)
- Propose design improvements based on calculated results
- Ability to analyze bill of materials to verify that the projects are on time and within budget, and make necessary changes as needed to reach each benchmark on the project
- Observance of environmental rules, implementing environmental program in their activities
- Must have minimum of a technical school degree in the engineering or Oil and Gas related field
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Must be able to pass a FIT test to demonstrate ability to work with and around chemicals and wear a respirator when necessary
- Must have valid U.S. passport and be available to travel to client work sites
- Experience with manufacturing, particularly PVC materials
- Understanding of shipping, logistics, and packaging design
- Laboratory or research/development experience (5 years)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
Physical Requirements of Job:
Tasks are essentially moderately active and require some physical effort, i.e., walking, bending, light lifting (up to 50 lbs.), or other restricted physical activities. However, some tasks may require dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of shop or office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at keyboard. Must be able to stand for 2 hours at a time.
Every employee is expected to support the NTIC Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with our Quality System Manual and Quality Control Procedures. This position is responsible to set, follow and maintain the QMS and related Quality Control Procedures.