Field Support Technician - Beachwood
Job Title: Field Support Technician - Zerust Oil & Gas - Beachwood, OH
Department/Group: R & D Beachwood
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Travel Required: Minimal/none
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities will include building test equipment and prototypes for various R&D projects
- Assistance in running tests on R&D assemblies, assembling chemical kits, and assisting with inventories and shipments.
- This candidate will work closely with R&D engineers and laboratory chemists.
- There will also be some travel required to client field sites as needed.
- This position will start off working only in the lab with R&D projects and then will grow into R&D lab work and field service work working with clients.
- Basic knowledge and ability to perform machine operation, simple electronics and demonstrate capable carpentry skills
- Ability to handle basic laboratory chemicals, solvents, acids, bases, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changes in project priorities
- Good organizational skills and project management skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong safety attitude
- Good written/verbal communication and basic math skills
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office suite applications)
- Ability to read and understand design blueprints/schematics
- AutoCAD experience is a plus
- Ability to analyze bill of materials to verify that the projects are on time and within budget, and make necessary changes as needed to reach each benchmark on the project
- Ability to stand for 2 hours at a time
- Must be able to perform light lifting, up to 50 pounds
- Must have minimum of a technical school degree in the engineering or chemistry related field OR a high school diploma/equivalent with 3 years experience in engineering or chemistry industry
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Must be able to pass a FIT test to demonstrate ability to work with and around chemicals and wear a respirator when necessary
- Must have valid U.S. passport and be available to travel to client work sites
- Experience with manufacturing, particularly PVC materials
- Understanding of shipping, logistics, and packaging design
- Oil and Gas industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- Plastic film manufacturing experience
Physical Requirements of Job:
Tasks are essentially moderately active and require some physical effort, i.e., walking, bending, light lifting (up to 50 lbs.), or other restricted physical activities. However, some tasks may require dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of shop or office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at keyboard. Must be able to stand for 2 hours at a time.
Every employee is expected to support the NTIC Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with our Quality System Manual and Quality Control Procedures. This position is responsible to set, follow and maintain the QMS and related Quality Control Procedures.