Job Title: Formulations Chemist - Circle Pines, MN
Department/Group: R & D Circle Pines
Travel Required: Minimal/none
This high visibility researcher, reporting to the V.P. Zerust Industrial Product Development, will use their knowledge of conventional and nano chemistry, contact, volatile and vapor phase corrosion inhibitors (“VCI”) technologies, rust preventative compounds and industrial detergents to develop new products. The Research Chemist will have the opportunity to work on and impact challenges of significant importance to the business. He/she will have close interaction with a variety of technical colleagues as well as marketing, sales and production groups within the organization.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Formulation of new products from concept to launch
- Reformulating or improving existing formulations when and if necessary
- Sourcing raw materials and maintaining and building strong relationships with suppliers
- Liaise with external testing laboratories
- Develop trial formulations
- Facilitate scale up from laboratory samples to pilot trials
- Provide advice and formulation development support to Production Coordinator
To be successful in this role, it is essential you meet the following criteria. You will:
- Possess a PhD or MSc qualification in Chemistry or Formulation Science, plus have a minimum of 5 - 10 years practical, formulation experience
- Be experienced or well versed in nano-based technologies as well as super-hydrophobic technologies
- Have a strong understanding of formulations and be experienced specifically in aqueous liquids formulation – rust preventatives, industrial detergents and wash fluids, surface pretreatments, etc.
- Have a mastery of physical, electro, inorganic and organic chemistry
- Be well versed in Product Development Protocols
- Be well versed in project management protocols
- Be familiar with the latest analytical/lab equipment and test methodologies including FTIR, IC, GC-MS; HPLC-MS, DSC/TGA, SEM-EDS/EDX; XRF, ICP-MS, EIS
- Have the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team orientated environment
- Be self-motivated
- Have a logical approach to problem solving
- Complete tasks to timeframe and budget.
- Be meticulous in producing, collating and presenting test data
An understanding of corrosion science would be advantageous! Furthermore, you will be well organized with a strong attention to detail as well as have the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers. Flexibility and creativity are a must. If you are keen to play a critical role in the success of our business and you meet the above criteria, you need not search any further.
Every employee is expected to support the NTIC Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with our Quality System Manual and Quality Control Procedures. This position is responsible to set, follow and maintain the QMS and related Quality Control Procedures.