Lab Assistant - Natur-Tec
Job Title: Lab Assistant - Natur-Tec - Circle Pines, MN
Department/Group: R&D/Lab – Natur-Tec
Job Type: Part-time
This individual, reporting to the Sr. Manager R&D, will work under the supervision of the Quality Chemist. He/She will use their experience in quality assurance procedures to perform quality assurance analyses on raw materials and finished products for our Natur-Tec range of products. The technician will be responsible for process accuracy, sample preparation and data entry of finished product testing. Candidate will have close interaction with a variety of technical colleagues within the group.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Quality assurance of all raw materials and finished products that fall within our Natur-Tec range of products.
- Responsible for other testing including competitive product benchmarking and new product evaluation.
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent plus have a minimum of 1-2 years Quality related practical, industrial experience
- Have a strong understanding of Quality assurance Procedures and Analytical Analyses procedures
- Experience with plastic film and part testing such tensile, dart, and tear would be a plus
- Be able to complete tasks to timeframe
- Ability to work independently, making optimal use of time and equipment; requires considerable judgment in determining work methods and prioritization
- Ability to manage several tests simultaneously is essential.
Other Preferred Skills:
- This role may require handling chemicals, physical exertion and extended standing, walking, and sitting times while retaining focus on tasks at hand.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer Skills including MS Word, Excel, Access or other Quality Control tools such as Minitab
- Execute safety and demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement.
- Every employee is expected to support the NTIC Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with our Quality System Manual and Quality Control Procedures. This position is responsible to set, follow and maintain the QMS and related Quality Control Procedures. This position also has change authority in the QMS System.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com or fax to 763-225-6645. No telephone calls, recruiters, or agencies please.