Lab Technician - Beachwood
Job Title: Lab Technician - Zerust Oil & Gas - Beachwood, OH
Department/Group: R & D Beachwood
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Required: 5% to 10%
The successful applicant will work closely with the Product Development Engineer and other members of the Oil & Gas team in conducting laboratory and field testing related to corrosion protection product development. He/she will be responsible for assigned research projects, product development, while sharing in basic lab tasks (sample preparation, testing, documentation, record keeping, housekeeping, maintenance, etc.) and related office activities (internet/library searches, report writing, presentations etc.)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Background in Chemistry
- Minimum Associate’s degree in a related science or engineering field or equivalent job-related experience
- Post-graduate work experience in a related science laboratory research and/or application environment is a plus
- Experience with typical laboratory equipment and procedures
- Experience handling laboratory chemicals, solvents, acids, bases, etc.
- Experience with typical corrosion testing and standards is a plus
- Experience with typical environmental testing is a plus
- Strong work ethic
- Strong safety attitude
- Good organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office suite applications)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Physical Requirements of Job:
Tasks are essentially sedentary, with occasional walking, bending, light lifting, or other restricted physical activities. However, some tasks may require some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lbs.); or minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of shop or office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at keyboard.
Every employee is expected to support the NTIC Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with our Quality System Manual and Quality Control Procedures. This position is responsible to set, follow and maintain the QMS and related Quality Control Procedures.