Lab Technician - Beachwood
Job Title: Lab Technician - Zerust Oil & Gas - Beachwood, OH
Department/Group: R & D Beachwood
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Travel Required: Minimal/none
The successful applicant will workclosely with the Product Development Engineer and other members of the Oil& Gas team in conducting laboratory and field testing related to corrosionprotection product development. He/she will be responsible for assignedresearch projects, product development, whilesharing in basic lab tasks (sample preparation, testing, documentation, recordkeeping, housekeeping, maintenance, etc.) and related office activities(internet/library searches, report writing, presentations etc.)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Background in Chemistry
- Minimum Associate’s degree in a related science or engineering field or equivalent job-related experience
- Post-graduate work experience in a related science laboratoryresearch and/or application environment is a plus
- Experience with typical laboratory equipmentand procedures
- Experience handling laboratory chemicals,solvents, acids, bases, etc.
- Experience with typical corrosion testing andstandards is a plus
- Experience with typical environmental testingis a plus
- Strong work ethic
- Strong safety attitude
- Good organizational skills with a highattention to detail
- Computer literate(Microsoft Office suite applications)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Physical Requirements of Job:
Tasks areessentially sedentary, with occasional walking, bending, light lifting, orother restricted physical activities. However, some tasks may require somephysical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting(5-10 lbs.); or minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in theoperation of shop or office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods oftime at keyboard.
Every employee is expected to support the NTIC Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with our Quality System Manual and Quality Control Procedures. This position is responsible to set, follow and maintain the QMS and related Quality Control Procedures.