Machine Operator - NTIC - Circle Pines, MN
Job Title: Machine Operator - NTIC - Circle Pines, MN
Department/Group: NTIC - Production
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and run Vertical Form Fill Seal Machine (VFFS)
- Experience in chemical manufacturing or comparable mechanical background preferred
- Coordinate and perform line change-over ensuring the change-over’s occur accurately and timely
- Maintain safety, cleanliness and upkeep of all equipment
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Forklift experience
- Participate in and drive Lean initiatives within the manufacturing environment
- Must be mechanically inclined and have equipment operator experience
- 2-5 years related work experience running and working on Vertical Form Fill Seal Machines
- Experience with OSHA Compliance and ISO preferred
- Must be a self-starter
- Must have the ability to multi-task and demonstrate a sense of urgency, and possess strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to wear a respirator (FIT test required)
- Must be able to climb a ladder
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
IT IS A REQUIREMENT THAT ALL NEWLY HIRED EMPLOYEES MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED BEFORE STARTING WORK. IF AN APPLICANT NEEDS TO REQUEST AN ACCOMODATION RELATED TO THIS REQUIREMENT, THEY CAN SUBMIT THAT REQUEST TO HUMAN RESOURCES.
Every employee is expected to support the NTIC Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with our Quality System Manual and Quality Control Procedures. This position is responsible to set, follow and maintain the QMS and related Quality Control Procedures.