Process and Applications Engineer - Natur-Tec
Job Title: Process and Applications Engineer - Natur-Tec - Circle Pines, MN
Travel: Up to 15%
Position Type: Full Time
The Process and Applications Engineer is a key team member of the Natur-Tec group reporting to Sr. Manager, R&D and is responsible for supporting the development and commercialization of innovative biobased/biodegradable products. The successful candidate will provide engineering support to the team in the way of development and testing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and coordinate successful engineering trials at customers
- Lead production scale-up at global sub-contract manufacturing partners and other Natur-Tec manufacturing locations.
- Take the lead in running lab equipment, including the twin-screw compounding extruder and blown film extruder.
- Develop prototypes and benchmark samples for new applications
- Support development of new specifications and datasheets for new Natur-Tec products.
- Support continuous improvement efforts in manufacturing and cost reduction initiatives.
- Some domestic and international travel is expected, with mainly travel to contract manufacturing locations and customer locations worldwide, for technical support.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering/Polymer Chemistry/Plastics Program is required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in plastics industry preferred
- Experience with plastics processing such as twin screw extrusion, blown or cast film extrusion or molding highly preferred
- Familiar with the analytical test methodologies such as DSC, TGA, FTIR, etc.
- Have the ability to work in a global team set-up
- Effective communication skills
Physical Requirements of Job:
Tasks require standing and walking, or frequent light lifting up to 10 pounds; occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds; or minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of shop or office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at keyboard or testing stations. Exposure and involvement working with various chemicals and testing stations/equipment will require mobility.
- Every employee is expected to support the NTIC Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with our Quality System Manual and Quality Control Procedures. This position is responsible to set, follow and maintain the QMS and related Quality Control Procedures. This position also has change authority in the QMS System.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 763-225-6645. No telephone calls, recruiters, or agencies please.