Purchasing Agent - Circle Pines, MN
Job Title: Purchasing Agent - NTIC - Circle Pines, MN
Department/Group: NTIC - Purchasing / Sourcing
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for supporting the procurement needs of manufacturing, subcontractors, and the R&D lab. This role is a new position to support the existing team due to growth within the company. Initial focus will be on purchasing aspects and later expand to also cover sourcing new suppliers, vendors, and materials as time goes on.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Entering and issuing purchase orders to various suppliers and vendors
- Keeping accurate documentation related to orders including verifying order specifications, quantities, prices, confirmation, shipment, and fulfillment
- Ensuring documentation and processes followed are in compliance with company ISO policies
- Fulfilling replenishment requirements generated by the MRP system
- Inventory analysis, planning, and determining reorder points
- Cost efficiency and reducing overall cost of products produced, sold, and warehoused
- Requesting quotations
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors
- Communicating with warehouse staff onsite and offsite
- Resolving shipments in error with suppliers
- Providing support to senior team members as needed
- Desired is 3+ years experience in purchasing, sourcing, or procurement, a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and Salespad is desired, yet not required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Advanced Excel skills are desired.
- Ability to apply common sense, understanding of manufacturing and supply chain process flow and a methodical thought process to perform detailed analysis of inventory and order transactions with minimal instructions.
- Must have excellent math skills.
- The right person for this position must be a highly organized, independent, detail-oriented self-starter who is focused on service and has excellent communication skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and interface effectively across departments with all levels of staff in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb stairs or a ladder.
- Other requirements include physical dexterity, such as kneeling, bending, and the ability to lift 30 lbs.