Technical Sales Specialist – Zerust - Houston, TX
Job Title: Corrosion Sales Engineer - Zerust - Houston, TX
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Required: 75%
To service, develop, maintain, and grow new and existing distributors/customers
Roles and Responsibilities
- From time to time will be required to work along with existing independent/manufacturing rep firm.
- Forecasts, solicits, and secures orders from new and existing distributors/customers.
- Technical lead for analyzing manufacturing process and fluid testing, develop corrosion solutions and to provide corrosion training for their distributors/customers.
- Provides customer service as required.
- Supports direct report in searches for new business opportunities.
- Supports and/or assists technical marketing of products and services.
- On a regular basis, communicates with customers by means of visiting their facilities and/or contacting them by phone.
- Provide written distributor/customer visit reports.
- Establishes professional distributor/customer relationships with the appropriate personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, management, and other key personnel.)
- Attends various trade shows and conferences, as required.
- Performs any directly related appropriate duties assigned by their direct report.
- Performs assigned duties with minimum personal supervision from their direct report.
- Provides monthly report updates on their territory sales.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 4-year Scientific or Technical Degree (Chemistry or Industrial Engineering Degree preferred)
- 1-3 years of technical/industrial sales experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive communication skills
- Willingness to travel (75%)
- Self-motivated/ self-starter
- Sense of urgency
- Personable, extroverted personality
- Strong organizational skills
Physical Requirements of Job
Tasks are essentially sedentary, with occasional walking, bending, light lifting, or other restricted physical activities. However, some tasks may require some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light to medium lifting of computer equipment (computers, peripheral devices approximately 5-30 lbs.); or minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of shop or office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at keyboard.